In accordance with the Privacy Act 1988, Network Debt Recovery Services has adopted and is bound by the ten (10) National Privacy Principles established by the Federal Privacy Commission and set out in the Act – see www.privacy.gov.au.
Network Debt Recovery Services considers all personal, sensitive and health information of clients, suppliers, providers, partners and prospective employees (considered Network Debt Recovery Services’s “consumers” under the Act) to be private and only uses information collected and recorded to fulfil the mission of Network Debt Recovery Services.
In abiding by the National Privacy Principles Network Debt Recovery Services will:
- Collect personal, sensitive and health information by fair, lawful and non-intrusive means
- Only use information collected for the interest of the client. In addition, information may be collected and recorded to satisfy Network Debt Recovery Services’ legal obligations
- Not disclose or distribute personal, sensitive or health information collected from its consumers without the consumer’s specific consent or unless required to do so by law. Network Debt Recovery Services may distribute aggregated statistical information for reporting purposes, but information that is personally identifying will not be disclosed to third parties
- Disclose, with consent, from time to time, personal, sensitive and health information to others for administrative and support purposes. This includes to individuals within Network Debt Recovery Services and people providing services to Network Debt Recovery Services, including specialist contractors & technicians
- Take reasonable steps to ensure information collected is accurate, complete and up-to-date
- Take reasonable steps to protect personal, sensitive and health information held from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
If a consumer believes that any of the personal, sensitive or health information held by Network Debt Recovery Services regarding them is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, they have the right, in accordance with the provisions of the Act, to make any updates or corrections.
Privacy issues arising within Network Debt Recovery Services are to be discussed on a confidential basis with individual Senior Managers. Alternatively, if an individual believes that their privacy has been breached and this matter is unable to be resolved by the above-mentioned methods, a complaint may be made in writing to the Managing Director, Network Debt Recovery Services.
If you would like further information about the way Network Debt Recovery Services manages the personal information it holds, please contact Network Debt Recovery Services:
Email : admin (at) networkdebtrecovery.com.au
Phone : 07 5492 1155
Postal address: Network Debt Recovery Services
PO Box 401
Golden Beach QLD 4551